There’s a bug in the Microsoft Edge web browser that prevents the program from working properly with the Zintronix ZI-808. The problem manifests itself when you attempt to connect to the ZI-808 using Edge with a direct connection (no router involvement) and by using the ZI-808’s factory default address of http://169.254.67.83. In this situation the browser will connect to the ZI-808 to display the instrument’s login screen, but entering login credentials only causes the login screen to refresh while denying access to the device.
Here’s a step-by-step workaround for this problem:
- From Windows’ Control Panel select Network and Internet
- Now select Internet Options
- From the Internet Properties windows click the Security tab, then Trusted Sites, and finally click the Sites button.
- From the Trusted Sites window enter http://169.254.67.83 in the “Add this website to the zone:” dialog box. Be sure that “Require server verification (https://) for all sites in this zone” is not checked. Now click the Add button.
- Exit all open windows. The Edge browser can now work with the ZI-808 using a direct connection and its default IP address.
Source: Microsoft Edge Workaround